Professor Emery Berger
- Lectures: TuTh 4:00PM - 5:15PM, South College Room W245
- Labs: Mo 4:00PM - 4:50PM, South College Room W245 (same room)
- Course web page: http://web-programming.org
- Textbook: Click for information
- Recommended IDE: Visual Studio Code.
- TAs: Ziwei He: email@example.com, Ishan Khatri: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Ziwei He: CS207, Wednesdays 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Piazza: https://piazza.com/class/k54kjhj9hsk1s4
- Course calendar: http://web-programming.org/schedule.html
- Course syllabus: http://web-programming.org/syllabus.html
- In-class “whiteboard”: COMPSCI 326 Spring 2020 whiteboard
Zybook - Web Programming
- Sign in or create an account at https://learn.zybooks.com.
- Enter zyBook code:
The subscription is $77.
Course Development Environment
Given that this is a programming intensive course, it is important to highlight the development environment! Generally, most of what we cover in this course is available on all the typical operating systems. However, the team project allows you to explore additional environments that may have specific OS requirements. You are welcome to use those additional libraries/tools; however, you will not receive direct support for what you use. It is your responsibility for the installation, setup, and use of those additional components. You are welcome to use any editor, IDE, or tools to explore this material.
We strongly recommend that you use Visual Studio Code.
It is assumed that you have a computer to use for assignments in this course. It is highly recommended that you get a Dropbox account (or other file synching service) or USB memory stick to save files that you create for assignments. There are no excuses for missing or accidental deletion of work.
Note: you may only use GitHub for storing your work on individual assignments if you are using a private repository. Use of public repositories to store assignment solutions on github is considered cheating and will result in a failure for this course.
You are welcome to store and share your team project work on a public repo!