Professor Emery Berger
- Lectures: TuTh 2:00PM - 2:15PM, on Zoom
- Labs: Fr 4:00PM - 4:50PM, on Zoom
- Course web page: https://web-programming.org
- Recommended IDEs: Visual Studio Code, repl.it
- TAs: Joseph Spitzer: firstname.lastname@example.org, Nicolas van Kempen: email@example.com
- Office hours:
- Professor Berger: Thursdays 3:30-4:30PM, on Zoom; 1-on-1 by appointment
- TAs: by appointment; also available before and after labs
- Slack: COMPSCI 326 Fall 2020 Slack
- Piazza: COMPSCI 326 Fall 2020 Piazza
- Course syllabus: syllabus
There is no required text.
Given that this is a programming intensive course, it is important to highlight the development environment! Generally, most of what we cover in this course is available on all the typical operating systems. However, the team project allows you to explore additional environments that may have specific OS requirements. You are welcome to use those additional libraries/tools; however, you will not receive direct support for what you use. It is your responsibility for the installation, setup, and use of those additional components. You are welcome to use any editor, IDE, or tools to explore this material.
It is assumed that you have a computer to use for assignments in this course. You should make sure to commit your work frequently to GitHub. We will not accept excuses for missing or accidental deletion of work.
Note: you may only use GitHub for storing your work on individual assignments if you are using a private repository. Use of public repositories to store assignment solutions on GitHub is considered cheating and will result in a failure for this course.
You are welcome to store and share your team project work on a public repo!
Project milestones are due on Fridays.
NOTE: Dates are currently tentative.
|Full project overview||N/A|
|Milestone 0: Project Ideas||October 9|
|Milestone 1: Project Wireframes (HTML/CSS)||October |
|Milestone 3: Back-end Node.js and integration||November 20|
|Final: Public site + video||December 4|
Individual homeworks are assigned every Sunday and due the following Monday.
- Scrabble Starter
- Scrabble Utilities
- Scrabble Game & Rack
- Scrabble Renderer
- Scrabble Save Game & Refactor
- Scrabble Fetch & Rack
- Scrabble Server Starter
- Scrabble Multiplayer
- Scrabble Rules & Fetch
- Scrabble DBMS & Heroku
Thanks to Joseph Spitzer and Nicolas van Kempen (Fall 2020), and Ziwei (William) He and Ishan Khatri (Spring 2020) for their help in developing and curating these materials.